Now that we’re in the Fall season, it’s time to get back into the soup recipes. Here is a great one that is hearty and filling but incorporates a variety of vegetables!
- 32 oz. organic free range chicken broth
- 1 1/2c water
- 1 14.5 oz. can 100% natural diced tomatoes
- 2 c frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 c fresh carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 c multi-grain penne pasta
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese to top
- Add all ingredients except pasta and cheese to a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40min.
- Add pasta, cook for additional 30 min.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Makes 4-6 large bowls. Recipe adapted from original recipe by Natural Promise