Here is a recipe for the best chocolate cake I have ever come across and I love chocolate so I have made/eaten a lot in my day! If you have a few free hours this weekend I highly recommend this cake. Although, this cake is time-consuming to make so I usually split it up over two days, making the cake first and the frosting the next day, that way I am not rushed to make it and it turns out just right.
- 2 1/4c all- purpose flour
- 1 2/3c sugar
- 3/4c butter, softened
- 2/3c baking cocoa
- 1 1/4c water
- 1 1/4tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of two 9in. round pans, lightly flour
- In a large bowl, beat all ingredients on low speed for 30seconds and high speed for 3 minutes, pour into pans
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, remove cake from pans after 10 minutes, cool for 1hour
- Frost with fudge frosting
- 2c granulated sugar
- 1c baking cocoa
- 1c milk
- 1/2c butter, softened
- 1/4c light corn syrup
- 1/4tsp salt
- 3c powdered sugar
- 2tsp vanilla
- In 3quart saucepan, mix granulated sugar, and cocoa. Stir in milk, butter, corn syrup and salt.
- Heat to boiling stirring frequently, boil 3minutes, keep stirring. Cool for 2hours
- Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to frost as this fudge frosting melts fast. Frost your cake and get it back into the fridge asap to let it set.
Best Chocolate Cake ever!
Last day of Summer today! Hope you enjoy something outside!
Pingback: simple eggplant parmesan recipe - amy+mayd