I’ve been wanting to make a felt flower crown for Gemma for a long time so I finally gave it a try! I used a simple women’s headband that I already had and some felt in various colors.
Before I started the project, I made some simple felt flowers (from this tutorial). I use this tutorial a lot for different projects and find it really easy. I also had to make some leaves for this project but I just cut them out free-hand. The trick to this project was to make a base to secure underneath the headband to give it support and something to glue all of the flowers and leaves to.
This is what you’ll need:
- Felt in various colors (flowers, leaves and base)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- A headband (brown or black), I used a women’s size but a kids size would work also
- Felt flowers, I made five large and two small
- Felt leaves, I made two
- Felt base
1. Create felt flowers, I used five large from this tutorial, and two small
2. Create leaves, I cut out two medium sized ones
3. Cut out base, I made mine about 6″ in length and 1″ wide with rounded sides
4. Hot glue the base to the underside of the headband and let cool
5. Layer leaves to one side on the outside of the headband over the base and band
6. Space out five large felt flowers in an arrangement you like and then glue in place with a liberal amount of hot glue, over leaves and base
7. Add two small felt flowers to one side
8. Let everything dry and its ready to wear!