We misplace our keys all the time and it is so frustrating searching for them when trying to get out the door with two kids. I’m sure we’ve all been there. I often see cute key hooks in stores and I have a few old shutters laying around, so I thought I could use them to make my own simple key hook.
What you’ll need:
– basic hooks that you like, can be found at target
– hammer & nail
– white paint, or other color desired
– sawtooth picture hanger
- Paint your shutter; if you want a rustic look you can use a bit of sandpaper to “roughen” up your paint job (when dry)
- Attach hooks with screwdriver, I used the hammer and nail to start the holes making it easier to screw in the hooks
- Attach the sawtooth picture hanger to the back of your shutter
- Hang in place!